Take Stock of Yourself
- Identifying skills, abilities, work experience, values, and work preferences to achieve a good job match
- Identifying potential references – people who can and are willing to confirm your good performance on the job, and other activities
Assessing What Do Employers Want?
- Identifying job-specific skills and transferable career competencies to convince employers of appropriateness for the job
- Using a variety of career planning resources to help in choosing and validating appropriate career and job goals
- Preparing to qualify for two closely related career goals that require similar skills and training in order to increase your career flexibility
- Using visualization, brainstorming, personal reflection, and other techniques to set your career target
- Developing a portfolio of items to demonstrate job qualifications for prospective employers
- Collecting items that will demonstrate job qualifications for prospective employers
Branding – ME, Inc.!
- Communicating effectively through a one of the most misunderstood mediums – The Resume
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Business Cards
- 60 Second Commercial/Elevator Pitch