The Breakfast Club NJ Presents: “A Workshop – Let’s Improve Your Elevator Pitch” by Alex Freund
Saturday February 14th at 8:00am ET
Please share this with other groups you may be in. Join us on Meetup.com at: http://www.meetup.com/The-Breakfast-Club-NJ/ to RSVP for the meeting.
The Workshop: “Let’s Improve Your Elevator Pitch”
The workshop will start with information about the important elements of an effective elevator pitch. Then it will offer general guidelines covering content, tone of voice, body language, and facial expression; and it will give examples. During the second half of the workshop, we will work together on the elevator pitches of audience volunteers.
About the speaker:
About the speaker:
Alex Freund, the “landing expert,” supports job seekers into employment. He is known for making people feel comfortable when interviewing. Alex is an effective and successful career and interviewing coach. He is prominent in several on- and off-line job-search networking groups, conducts workshops on effective resume development and use of LinkedIn in the job-search process. Alex has been teaching for several years a career development seminar, and publishes a blog designed especially for job seekers. Prior to his current position, Alex managed several large departments in two Fortune 100 companies. Alex maintains and publishes a free directory of job-search networking groups via his web site at http://www.landingexpert.com
Alex is a Cornell University grad, lived on three continents and speaks five languages.
Networking begins at 7:30 am, meeting starts promptly at 8:00 am.
TBC meetings for 2015 are free (courtesy of one of our members), and free breakfast (bagels) to the first 50 attendees!!!
Be sure to tell your friends and bring them along. Be a part of our growing network of Job Seekers, Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Career Coaches, and people who want to be able to help themselves and each other.
Days Hotel Conference Center
195 Rt. 18 South, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
7:30 to 8:00 – Registration & Open Networking
8:00 to 8:15 – Welcome and housekeeping
8:15 to 9:15 – Presentation by the guest speaker – Limited to 60 minutes
9:15 to 10:15 – Elevator Pitch – 30 Seconds about yourself, who you are, what you are looking for, target companies (3-4), how we can help you, how you can help others. Follow the rule of the Three B’s of Public Speaking: Be informative; Be brief; Be seated.
10:15 until you choose to leave – Open Networking, follow up with people you are interested in meeting following their elevator pitch, exchange business cards, peruse the library, arrange follow up meetings, etc.
The Breakfast Club NJ – 10 Points for Good Member Citizenship
- Attend meetings regularly to keep group strong and help pay back to others (meeting logistics on our website www.thebreakfastclubnj.com)
- Keep anti-virus on your machine up to date and run scan regularly
- Review messages and if request for assistance please help whenever possible
- Join linked in group and connect to other members directly (questions see Gerry Peyton)
- Join Facebook group and connect to other members directly (questions see Adrienne Roman)
- Follow twitter account (questions see George Pace)
- If you run across someone in transition invite them to join our group and sponsor them through process (details on our website www.thebreakfastclubnj.com)
- Sunday mornings listen to our radio show, “Your Career Is Calling”, at 8am ET either on radio at 107.7 or via internet 24/7 live or on demand at www.1077thebronc.com (as this is a call in show your calls help make it successful)
- If you are in transition put your elevator pitch in writing to group, ask for help with job search issues or connecting to people at target companies, regularly post job opportunities (from email you joined the group – send email to email@example.com)
- Help fellow members whenever possible
We look forward to seeing everyone let’s make this a great meeting for our members that are in transition and welcome those that have landed