The Breakfast Club NJ Presents a Discussion Panel: “Digital Disruption – Part 1”, moderated by George Pace.
Saturday March 14th at 8:00am ET
Please share this with other groups you may be in. Join us on Meetup.com at: http://www.meetup.com/The-Breakfast-Club-NJ/ to RSVP for the meeting.
Slight venue change – March 14 ONLY – we are meeting in the Middlesex room (changed 3/12/2015)
“Discussion Panel – Digital Disruption – Part 1”
Defined as “the change that occurs when new digital technologies and business models affect the value proposition of existing goods and services”, Digital technologies such as Social Media, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile are not only disrupting business models – but the job market as well.
As Digital is such a large (and at times complex) space, this month the Breakfast Club is proud to introduce a Panel Format that will walk the audience thru various aspects of Digital Disruption which include:
- Defining Digital Disruption in today’s environment
- Examples of where Digital has had an impact
- New career opportunities – and careers that maybe threatened/impacted
- What trends / direction should job seekers expect in the next 1-2 years
- Suggested skill sets individuals should start focusing on
The panel will consist of the following Breakfast Club members who are involved with various aspects of Digital:
Our Moderator: George Pace, George is a Director – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Architect at Prudential Financial Services where he is currently focusing on Cloud and DevOps Architecture. In his spare time helps people leverage the power of Social Media.
About the panelists:
Frank Kovacs – The BreakfastClub Founder and Global Head, Digital Business at Sutherland Global
Haresh Keswani – Haresh is a business technology professional focused on Digital Transformation in Healthcare and Life Sciences segment. He has had consulting opportunities to work at big pharma like GSK, Johnson and Johnson, and Novartis wherein he has lead multitude of Digital Projects in areas of Commercial Operations – Sales and Marketing. At Pfizer he was one of Director’s responsible for Digital landscape globally from business case to execution. He has also implemented 360 View of Customer for GE with basic channels like email, chat, web, and customer service center a decade back.
Rajeev Sachdeva – Information Technology executive with extensive strategy, execution and technology delivery experience in the Group Insurance and Financial Service space. Worked at marquee names like Lincoln Financial, Prudential, Morgan Stanley and Tata Consultancy Services.
And to compliment this discussion – April’s The BreakfastClub NJ presentation will be entitled “Digital Disruption – Your Career Curriculum”
TBC meetings for 2015 are free (courtesy of one of our members), and free breakfast (bagels) to the first 50 attendees!!!
Be sure to tell your friends and bring them along. Be a part of our growing network of Job Seekers, Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Career Coaches, and people who want to be able to help themselves and each other.
Days Hotel Conference Center
195 Rt. 18 South, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
7:30 to 8:00 – Registration & Open Networking
8:00 to 8:15 – Welcome and housekeeping
8:15 to 9:15 – Presentation by the guest speaker – Limited to 60 minutes
9:15 to 10:15 – Elevator Pitch – 30 Seconds about yourself, who you are, what you are looking for, target companies (3-4), how we can help you, how you can help others. Follow the rule of the Three B’s of Public Speaking: Be informative; Be brief; Be seated.
10:15 until you choose to leave – Open Networking, follow up with people you are interested in meeting following their elevator pitch, exchange business cards, peruse the library, arrange follow up meetings, etc.
The Breakfast Club NJ – 10 Points for Good Member Citizenship
- Attend meetings regularly to keep group strong and help pay back to others (meeting logistics on our website www.thebreakfastclubnj.com)
- Keep anti-virus on your machine up to date and run scan regularly
- Review messages and if request for assistance please help whenever possible
- Join linked in group and connect to other members directly (questions see Gerry Peyton)
- Join Facebook and Google+ groups and connect to other members directly (questions see Adrienne Roman)
- Follow twitter account (questions see George Pace)
- If you run across someone in transition invite them to join our group and sponsor them through process (details on our website www.thebreakfastclubnj.com)
- Sunday mornings listen to our radio show, “Your Career Is Calling”, at 8am ET either on radio at 107.7 or via internet 24/7 live or on demand at www.1077thebronc.com (as this is a call in show your calls help make it successful)
- If you are in transition put your elevator pitch in writing to group, ask for help with job search issues or connecting to people at target companies, regularly post job opportunities (from email you joined the group – send email to email@example.com)
- Help fellow members whenever possible
We look forward to seeing everyone let’s make this a great meeting for our members that are in transition and welcome those that have landed